This site is hosted by Yahoo! Store. Yahoo! hosts the store pages, ordering
system, and order data. Yahoo! automatically collects order information but
may only use this information in the aggregate. If you accessed this store
through Yahoo! Shopping, Yahoo! also automatically collects information
about your shopping experience. Please see the
information about how Yahoo! uses this information.When you place an order with
OverTheHill.com you are trusting us with your personal
information. We take this trust very seriously. This policy describes
how we keep your personal information private.
will not misuse your personal information.
- We will not sell your information
to any mailing lists. Other
companies can get 5 cents for each person's customer information.
We don't think selling your name to a company that will send
you unwanted e-mail or junk mail is worth a nickel.
- We will not mail you unwanted information. When you order from us you can control what
information is sent to you. You can decide if you want an order
confirmation, shipping confirmation, or customer survey. If you
do not want any of these items we will still be pleased to have
you as a customer and will work hard to process your order quickly
and accurately. We feel that satisfying you, our customer, will bring
- We will not give out your e-mail
- We will keep credit card information
safe by maintaining the most secure online transaction process
possible. We use the Strongarm
secure server, in our opinion, technically the best product.
It supports industry-standard 128-bit SSL encryption. This product
is so secure, it cannot be exported. We trust our transaction
to it. We hope you will also.
- We will maintain security of our
systems and information. We
maintain the latest anti-virus software, and use secure passwords
on all systems. Your credit card information is stored in encrypted
format at every stage of processing and is stored behind two
layers of password protection. Your information is safe with
Is Only Used Where Necessary.
When you place an order
with OverTheHill.com (PriveCo Inc. is our corporate name) you provide us with
five pieces of information. Here is a summary of how we use them.
- Your Billing Address
- Your billing
address is used to verify that the person placing the order matches
the person who owns the credit card. This process is done through
an "Address Verification System" which uses the numeric
value of your street address and your zip code. These two numbers
are entered into the system and verified against the address
where you credit card bill is sent. For example: If Bill Johnson
who lives at 18 Anyplace lane in Plainsville, VA 36281 placed
an order, the system would verify the digits (18 and 36281) and
tell us that the address verifies. The term billing address refers
only to where your monthly credit card bill is sent. OverTheHill.com
does not send anything to your billing address.
- Your Shipping Address
- The shipping
address is used only to ship your order.
- Your e-mail address
- Your e-mail
address is used to send the order related e-mails you choose.
- If you would like
to be e-mailed a copy of your order we can do that.
- If you would like
to be e-mailed a shipping confirmation and a coupon code for a discount on your next order we can do that.
- If you would like
to participate in a customer service survey (handled through
Yahoo! Shopping) you can do that.
- Your Phone Number
- Is not used
unless Express Mail is selected in which case the postal service
requests that it be provided.
- Your Credit Card
Is used only to process your transaction. Your card is charge
only after the order is shipped.
We hope that you
- Every website collects
information. Here is a summary of how we maintain your privacy
with our comprehensive information gathering policy. This information
gathering policy applies to both visitors (people that look at
our store) and customers (people that purchase from us).
- Visitors - When you visit OverTheHill.com we are aware that someone (but not specifically
you) has visited. We count the people that visit and we monitor
what pages they find popular. We do not gather or use any information
about the specific persons that visit our site we are only interested
in which pages they like to look at.
- We hope you will appreciate
the fact that no one is watching you.
- We do not keep a file
on individual visitors.
- Your name, e-mail address, home address
or any other information is not available to us.
- We are not aware if you pay us repeat
- In summary, we do not know who you
are or anything about you. Your visit to OverTheHill.com has been private.
- When you purchase something from OverTheHill.com you provide us with personal information such as your
name, address, phone number, credit card information, and an
order. We keep a record of this information. This record is covered
- You have the right to know what information
we have collected about you. You also have the right to change
this information. If you would like to contact us about changing
some aspect of the information we have for you, please give us
a call at the toll-free number below.
- In order to make changes to your information
you will be required to first prove your identity to us. This
prevents other individuals from accessing your files.
- We will not reveal credit card numbers
over the telephone. If there is an issue with your credit card
we can handle it through your merchant bank (the process is easier
than it sounds).
- Third-Party Web Beacons: We use third-party web beacons from Yahoo! to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. Yahoo! may also use anonymous information about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by Yahoo!, click here.
- Any customer feedback we receive is
also held in strict confidence. If we do disclose your feedback
about our business or products it will be in a completely anonymous
- In summary, your purchase from OverTheHill.com is held in the strictest of confidence. It is
- Occasionally, A transaction
is involved in a legal dispute (usually credit card fraud). If
information is requested from us in the form of a subpoena (a
legal demand for information or appearance) we are required to
provide it. If this occurs, our policy is to first contact our
customer to inform them of our legal obligations. This is not
a common issue, and generally affects only people who are committing
credit card fraud but we are required to mention it in this policy.